Monday, June 6, 2011

So over inspiration sources

I have been flipping through magazines, T.V. shows, websites, and blogs for almost two years now. I have developed a new talent. OK, maybe it isn't a talent, I consider it creepy more than anything.

I don't have any urges to collect or pick up bridal magazines because a) they show the same thing in all of them and b) they are freaken expensive. I was in the doctors office last week and there was a Boston Brides magazine taunting me "pick me up, flip through me." Instead I scoffed at it and surfed the web on my phone instead.

I used to LOVE watching crazy bridal shows like Bridezillas, Platinum Weddings, and Say Yes To The Dress before we were engaged. But after being engaged for a year, I was over it. Bridezillas was just people acting to get on TV and to get a free honeymoon. Platinum Weddings was just depressing how much money these couples could spend on their weddings. They were beautiful, but also gaudy. SYTTD, I got to the point that I could name the designers and after awhile you just see them pulling the same dresses over and over.

I follow a couple of different blogs (Style Me Pretty, Weddingbee, just to name a couple of the 20+), but I'll be honest, I have wanted to just completely remove all of them from my Google Reader for months now. but I just cannot being myself to pull the trigger. Like the aforementioned medias, they too get all repetitive. I see the same trends over and over. It got to the point that I could identify designers for wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and shoes. I started being able to identify photographers based on their style (some are heavily featered and favored on specific blogs). And today, I was able to identify the designer for an engagement ring. It went something like this: "Damn, nice ring. I bet it's a Tacori. It looks like a Tacori." I scrolled around the post looking for mention of it (I no longer read, I just look at photos), then finally found it in the photo caption. Yeup, Tacori. WOW. How freaken sad is that?

via icanhascheezburger.

74 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment