Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hootenanny, shenanigans, and debachury

Hootenanny. Dontcha just love that word? I do.

Tomorrow morning, I will be on a plane bound for Las Vegas, Nevada. I am 30 years old and this will be my first time in Vegas, ever. It probably sounds super cliche to say, "hey, I'm having my bachelorette party in Vegas." but that's how I'm rollin'. Other than the chairs we picked out for our reception, I have never been more sure of something in this whole wedding planning process (except maybe my wedding band, the photographer, the videographer, the planner, ok I maybe I have been really sure of a couple of things). My girls are spread out all over the country, well mostly they are in Oregon with a few scattered in Washington, Colorado, and Massachusetts. But I figured if someone has to travel, everyone should travel. What better adult play ground than Vegas? 

I am super excited to take a vacation. As I mentioned yesterday, I have not had one in over a year. Traveling for weddings last year was not a vacation. I had a great time at each event and took a little time to see some sites, but it wasn't a sit back, relax, and be carefree type of trips. Also, if you know me, you know that I am super type A and like to know what is going on and like to have a plan. I have been sooo layed back on this trip you would swear that I have been taken over by aliens. It is actually kind of nice to sit back and let others take care of things. I won't lie, it feels weird, but oh so good not to have to stress out.

I am super excited to not only see my girls, but also to be able to spend time with them. I won't get to see all of them, but I'll take some over none any day. I haven't taken a vaca with my maid of honor since Cancun in 2007. Oh what stories we have ;)

And lastly, I am super excited to finally be reunited with my wedding band! I think I mentioned that I found it in Oregon. I kicked myself for not purchasing it right there on the spot. But I was able to purchased it later and had my maid of honor pick it up for me. Yay.
 
Sorry, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Although, I think there is going to
be a major surplus of cameras on this trip between all the budding photographers.


I am surprised by my ability to contain my excitement. 72 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment