Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dressing the Women Folk: Flower girl

via igoyougo

via myhautewedding, photo by Cameron Ingalls.

via Style Me Pretty, photo by Erin Hearts Court

Tell me that your heart did not just melt into a giant puddle of goo. I cannot get over how freaken adorable these little flower girls are in their tutus!

I forget how this idea first crossed my mind, but I have to admit that I let it escape. Around Easter, I started looking at Easter and First Communion dresses for our flower girl. I had read somewhere that you can score a cute dress on clearance after the holiday passes. Unfortunately, we could not find anything that a) was what we were looking for, b) in her size, or c) at the right price point.

While perusing photos of our flower girl on Facebook, I learned that she had started ballet classes. After some research, I found that getting her a tutu was very, VERY reasonable (try under $20). BINGO! After checking with her mom, to make sure that she would love it. I contacted Etsy seller TutuRocks and got the tutu train going (haha, I made a funny).

Here is our tutu:
via TutuRocks

I cannot wait for M to wear it!

P.S. I confess that I thought about making it myself for a split second. Purchasing was by far one of the best decisions I have made this whole process.

57 days.

1 comment: