Monday, May 9, 2011

May Day

Sorry, this is not a post about May 1. I just thought I would tell you all about one fine day in May that proved to be a very productive day; weekend actually.

Saturday:
- Picked up supplies for our table numbers.
- Printed our engagement photos. Take note - if you print pro photos yourself, make sure to ask for color correction to be turned off. Thank goodness Costco took pity on me and was willing to reprint at no extra charge.
- This is totally not wedding related, but I purchased a new lens for my camera. I scored a used Nikkor 24-85 mm f/2.8-4.8 used from a photographer in Plymouth. It was a bit of a hike to get the lens, but for $350, it was worth it. The lens currently retails for $700+ brand new. It was not in pristine condition, as there were a few cosmetic defects (I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong internally). But $50 and a couple of fixes later, it'll be good as new.
- Re-layed out the invitations for print. I like to be efficient with my layouts to waste as little paper as possible.

Sunday:
- Finished a small project that will remain secret, sorry!
- Color matched the red cardstock I purchased to the corresponding color code in Adobe Illustrator.
- Printed 86 invitations.
- Cut out all 86 invitations.
- Started rounding out the corners on the invitations. I (we) made it through 25% of them before it was way past my bedtime.

Monday:
- I took the day off from work to focus on wedding crafts. It was so nice to wake up late after 9 hours of sleep!
- Finished rounding the corners on the invites. I'll let you do the math on how many corners that is in total.
- Stamped all 86 invites.
- Embossed all 86 invites. Am I giving away too many hints?
- Caught up with our wedding planners. We are now starting to have phone conferences once every 2 weeks for updates.
- Printed, cut, and glued the "inner envelopes".
- Started gluing the invites onto a backing layer. I got about half way through before calling it quits.

And now it is time for bed. No more crafting until at least Wednesday night...then again, that might not happen as I still need to do the homework for the class I am taking at work for personal enrichment.

1 comment:

  1. A) YAYAYAYAYAYAY INVITESSS!!!
    B) hahaha I am dying to know which class. :)

    ReplyDelete