Friday, May 20, 2011

3 months

91 days until W-Day today (if the world does not end tomorrow)!


Let's see what we have been up to for the last month shall we?
  • Jake peeled and grated his first carrot ever!
  • The big white gown, you know THE wedding gown, is no longer resides under our bed. It now is in the hands of a seamstress for alterations. I'll see her next month for fitting #2.
  • My Chinese dress is almost ready for fitting #1. There has been so much drama surrounding the materials for this dress that it deserves its own post.
  • Jake tried on tuxes. He went back today to finalize the picks after hemming and hawing over the choices we had entertained.
  • Invitations are ALMOST, almost completed!! They will be finished tonight! I've been busy printing, cutting, gluing, stamping, and embossing. All that is left is the finishing touch.
  • RSVP cards has been re-designed! I had originally designed it way back when. But things change and I don't like it anymore. Instead of sleeping last Saturday night, I got a second wind and proceeded to design them. Done and done.
  • The information card were also designed originally with when I designed the invites. Thank God! Now we just need the welcome dinner and brunch information and they are ready to rock their way through the printer and paper cutter. Along with the RSVP cards, I am hoping to have them done at the end of the month.
  • Guestbook - Half way done, but I kept it easy ;)
  • Flower girls dress - O.M.G. I will have to do a separate post on this. Can you tell I an excited? We ordered it from Etsy. A friend of mine asked me if there was anything I was purchasing for this wedding. Yup, the flower girl's outfit. Haha. I will confess that I considered making it for a split second.
  • And lastly, I joined the 30's club.
    Age 1: First birthday.
     
    Age (a few weeks before) 30: Being goofy at a friend's wedding. I blame the champange.
    
Now onto the to-do list:
  • We need to find a tent company - Paula and Caitlyn have this under control. Unfortunately, we will no longer be sharing our tent as the other couple decided to go a different route. Shucks!
  • Welcome dinner venue and caterer - I was emailing places this week. Hopefully, we'll have something soon.
  • Morning after brunch venue and menu - Going to call this easy and just do it at the hotel. Done and Done.
  • Finalize the centerpieces - I think I need to stop giving our florist our opposing opinions and just let her creativity fly. I love everything she's done for other couples.
  • Finalize the dinner menu - In the works...but for some reason we still have not signed a contract.
  • The maid of honor still needs a dress - I am going to play dumb and pretend she has one.
  • The mother of the bride still needs a dress - Whooo! My mother ordered cheongsam dresses (yes, that's right, plural) from China and they finally came in. Now she just needs to find someone to help her with alterations. The crazy woman thinks that she can do it herself. Somehow I do not think that is going to work with her rheumatoid.
  • Menus need to be designed, printed, and assembled - I think I'm going to keep these simple. Not like anyone really cares about them, right?
  • Cardbox - Plan on tackling it as soon as I finish with the invitations. Goal is to have it done by the end of the month. I. Can. Do. This.
  • Chair signage - do we even need signage? seriously?
  • Transportation - We have transportation for us and the wedding party covered, just need to figure out something for our guests so that everyone can take advantage of the open bar. Dang, think I just gave away too much info ;)
  • Welcome packages for out of town guests -I mean what welcome packages? No one is getting anything. - Plan is to attack it next month after I get back from VEGAS.
Countdown:
4 months

1 comment:

  1. I am bookmarking this for future reference as proof that you called your menus "simple" and your guestbook "easy." So that later, when I'm blown away by your crafting ability, I'll be able to associate what your versions of easy and simple are. :)

    ReplyDelete