Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Digital Camera 1: Assignment 5

Exposure compensation. Most camera's have an option that allows you to either over expose or under expose a photo. In other words, it will automatically adjust either your aperature or your shutter speed to control the amount of light.

I had figured this option out just before shooting the rehearsal dinner, well kinda. I knew that I would have to use a flash, but I didn't want people's faces to be all blown out (super bright) and have the background super dark. At the time, I thought I was fiddling with the strength of the flash (that's another button), but in actuality, I was playing with the exposure. It might have been a fluke, but it worked.

I didn't execute the assignment properly. We were supposed to play with the exposure compensation to get a good photo. I took these during the day with natural light and my camera is pretty solid in determining what it needs, so I didn't have to play with the exposure.

Cherry blossoms! I could have played with the expposure here...but I like
the way the sun highlights the flowers, almost blowing out the details.
 

I shouldn't have blurred out the background so much.
My instructor asked me what the white stuff was...
it's a bowl of creamer.


Both taken with my "new" used lens Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0. It's currently being repaired, hopefully I get it back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment