Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bless his heart

Sorry for the gap in posts as of lately. I was on a roll too! Things may start to get more sporadic as we close in on 100 days before W-day. Just warning ya.

Moving onto todays post. I do a lot of things myself instead of relying on others, this includes Jake. Its just that things aren't really done the way you like them done unless you do them yourself.

I am a bit stressed out if you cannot tell. I have bitten off more than I can chew (but wait and see, I will get it all done, I always do). I have one last baking gig before my focus can be directed at wedding and wedding only. Jake is always asking me to give him a grocery list, but I never do, you will see why in a minute. Given the circumstances, I decided to come up with a detailed list of things I need for this last gig.

via Simply Shredded

The list was handwritten and included quantity, brand, and some idea of where to look for said item. The list consisted of cupcake lines, cream cheese (regular), mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, carrots (small bag of medium sized), buttermilk, liquid red food coloring, bread, eggs, and maybe a few other things that I cannot seem to remember off the top of my head.

Last night, right before my photography workshop started, I received a couple of text messages:

Q.They are out of cheap pastel liners, do you want expensive ones or cheap white ones?
A. Neither, just as long as you got the aluminum ones.
Is 2lbs of carrots enough?
A. Yea, that should be enough

I respond back, assuming that he is still in the store...DO NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS. As it turns out, he texted me as he left the store. WHAT? Yea, it is best not to ask and just go with it.

I get home to find:
1 - 16oz of cream cheese spread (is this regular cream cheese? I think not.)
1 - 2 lb bag of baby carrots (1-we barely eat 4oz bags of baby carrots, 2 - I cannot grate baby carrots for carrot cake, maybe if I had a baby sized shredder and still that would be a NO) Jake's reponse is that there were large carrots and baby carrots, it was safer to go with baby carrots. Maybe I should have clarified that I would be GRATING them.
2 - things of expensive white cupcake liners ($1.99 for 50 liners is not cheap)

*SIGH*

I have to give him credit, he got everything else. I won't tell you how long it took him and how many rounds around the store it took (let's just say a long time, many rounds, some help from a clerk, and help from his phone). Bless his heart. He tried.

2 comments:

  1. This was such a perfect title for this entry, and a perfect Celia-Jake snapshot. Yous kids are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she neglects to mention is the sheer volume of random crap I end up purchasing when I go grocery shopping.

    This time included at least:

    1 elephant ear
    1 avocado
    1 tub of peanut butter
    2 packages of spicy beef ravioli
    1 box of Pops cereal

    ReplyDelete