Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 9: Edinburgh

I started the day off at Edinburgh Castle, made my way down the Royal Mile. Tasted a local favorite, haggis. Saw super old tapestries and furniture at the Palace of Hollyroodhouse. Got lost trying to find THE coffee shop of Edinburgh  Paid someone to tell me ghost stories. And ended the night by trying to get a hot bowl of Japanese noodles, only to get there JUST after closing. At least I had leftover Italian from the night before. 

Edingburgh Castle!
View of from Edingburgh Castle looking towards Calton Hill.
The views from the castle are ridiculous.
I had a weird obsession with doors on this trip.

Heading down the Royal Mile.
Cowgate.
Lunch at Clarinda's Tea Room. Just go there.
Dessert table. Sign says "Please Do Not Serve Yourself."

Delicious haggis, turnips, and potatoes. Haggis is creamy, but yet has a grainy texture, savory and peppery flavor. So Good!
Old abby ruins at the Palace of Hollyroodhouse.

WTF?!?! Found in the Palace of Hollyroodhouse gardens.

More of the abbey ruins. I was [slightly] obsessed with it. 
Magpie.
Palace of Hollyroodhouse is the active residence of Her Majesty the Queen when she visits Scotland.
Stairs at the corner of Calton Road and Old Tolbooth Wynd.
The lead towards the New Parliament House and St. Andrew's House.
Curiouser & Curiouser. I wanted to buy everything in the store, but I left with only a single spool of washi tape. 
Artisan Roast, glowing reviews on Yelp
Coffee explained. Finally!
Soya latte turned Cappaccino; they ran out of soy milk on me.
Chinese food anyone? Seriously, Karen's Unicorn is a Chinese restaurant. Nope, I didn't try it out. (HTC Incredible)
Rose Street.
Mercat Tours guide for Ghost and Ghouls tour. It included access to the haunted underground vaults. (Samsung TL225)
Scott Monument (Samsung TL225)


Previously:
Day 8: London/Edinburgh
Day 7: London
Day 6: London
Day 5: London/Greenwich
Day 4: London
Day 3: London
Day 2: Cambridge/London
Day 1: London
Day 1: London - prefunc

*All photos taken by me with Nikon D7000 unless noted.


No comments:

Post a Comment