Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 10: Edinburgh/Paris

A day lost to traveling and getting lost.

Sipping my favorite UK latte while nervously waiting for the cab to arrive in the morning.
Flying to Paris.

The flight from Edinburgh to Paris was very uneventful. With the exception of the cab ride. It is already weird to see cars driving on the opposite side of the road. It's even weirder to be in a moving vehicle watching these cars drive past you on the "wrong" side.

Charles De Gaulle airport is quite a ways out of the city. But with the extensive network of public transportation, it's really easy and painless to get into Paris. I think the train+subway ride took about an hour. Just when I was thinking "man, this was too easy", things begin to get interesting. Like in Edinburgh, I lost my sense of direction when I came out of the subway stop. I headed in the right direction and a block away from my apartment, I stopped, waited for the GPS to kick in, and then I punched in the WRONG address. I followed along, the whole time thinking, "damn, it looked closer on Google maps last night." 3/4 of a mile later, tired, hot, sweaty, and frustrated, I realized that I had blown past it! The frenchman meeting me was not pleased. In fact, he greeted me with "YOU are LATE." Well, no shit Sherlock. Anything else you want to tell me?

Dinner: Take out from Eric Kayser. Smoked salmon  sandwich and raspberry yogurt.


Previously:
Day 9: Edinburgh
Day 8: London/Edinburgh
Day 7: London
Day 6: London
Day 5: London/Greenwich
Day 4: London
Day 3: London
Day 2: Cambridge/London
Day 1: London
Day 1: London - prefunc

*All photos taken by me with HTC Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment