Thursday, February 2, 2012

White Dress: The Search Begins

*Alright, let's get these recaps started [and consistently posted]*

So you remember how the members of the bridal party and our family are scattered across the country? I wanted to find a way for them to be involved in the process of finding my wedding dress. I recruited our groomswoman, Natalie, to be my right hand woman. She blew me away with her awesome photography and note taking skills. I was able to take all the documentation and put together PowerPoint presentations. That's right, I made PowerPoint slides for wedding stuff. Hey, don't knock it. It was a great way to summarize and share things. 

The following images are all screen captures from my presentations. I may add some additional commentary in the captions or at the end, but we'll stick with what was written at the time for the most part. First stop, Priscilla of Boston. It's a shame they closed shop.



Look familiar? It's our friend, Victoria's dress!
Sorry Val!
I fell in love (I mean IN.LOVE) with this dress long before I tried it on.
I was pretty sure it was it, but wasn't willing to pull the trigger since it was
a) the very first dress I tried on, and b) I wanted to see what else was out there.
Also...this dress started popping up EVERYWHERE in the wedding blogosphere at the time.


*All model photos taken from what used to be the Priscilla of Boston website. All other photos taken by Natalie.*

1 comment:

  1. So fun to look back, especially knowing what you ended up with. I can't believe I liked that Lindsay dress so much - I even thought the dress I ended up with was "too much dress" - can you imagine me in that one? Yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete