Thursday, February 16, 2012

White Dress: The One!

I had tried on some 27 dresses (oooh I fit in a movie reference!) and I was feeling pretty confident about my original pick, Maeve. On a last whim, in late May, I checked my favorite designer's website one last time. What would you know, Pronovias had just launched their 2011 line. I'm not lying when I say that, because the new collection was not there the week before. I may or may not have been an avid visitor to their site.

Anyways, Farnes from the 2011 Fashion collection took my breathe away. She really did. I gasped outloud at my desk, good thing no one was around or paying attention. I can't remember which came first, I either immediately started sending out pictures of Farnes to my bridesmaids and members of the wedding club, or I started looking for bridal salons that had it in their store. Seriously, this dress and I were just meant to be. The bridal salon down the street from me had just gotten it in the week I called! 

People say you just know when you find your dress. It's true! I didn't have tears streaming down my face, like the women on SYTTD. I was a little shaky, flushed, and smiled from ear to ear. It was it!

The big drama: The store offers 10% off if you order withing 24 hours of your first visit. I didn't have the guts to pull the trigger right then and there. I used the excuse that I needed to talk to my mom and wedding planner, first. I called back later that day and asked if I could have more time, the consultant agreed. I went out of town for a bit and the next appointment I could get was 2 weeks later. Guess what? The consultant had magically dissappeared by then and didn't mention to anyone that she gave me an extension.

These are actually photos from my second appointment.
They were the only salon that didn't allow photos unless you were purchasing a gown.

Yeah...so the train wasn't that much shorter. My seamstress was only able to
shorten the hem in the front because of the zipper placement in the back.

Now that I think about it, I don't know if my photography got a shot of the flowers on the shoulder strap.

I LOVE my dress. Farnes hangs from my closet door. I check on her from time to time. I just want to make sure she's doing alright. Although, I probably should look into getting her cleaned. I've been avoiding it because I'm afraid the "petals" will fray. They had already started a little bit.



Previously:

No comments:

Post a Comment