Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coming to a newsstand near you

I've taken wedding crafting to a whole new level of insanity. I sought out to create a wedding party newsletter about a year ago. But, I've been dragging my feet on it. I didn't want to just use a boring template from MS Publisher. Of course, my idea isn't completely original, I stole the magazine style idea from Mrs. Piglet via Weddingbee. Even though I had the idea, I knew it was going to take hours to put together. As I previously mentioned, I can layout a publication no problem, it just takes time. Having to write all the copy (articles) that go in it, is another ballgame and not my strong suite.

I bet you want to see how all the blood, sweat, tears, and hours upon hours I poured into this project ended up. Just click on the link below.

The Adventures of Celia and Jake - a wedding magazine - volume 1, issue 1
Best viewed in Reading Mode with Page Display set to "Two-Up" and "Show Cover During Two-Up")

Not too shabby. Yea, I wished this was actually going to be on display at a newsstand near you.

1 comment: