Monday, April 19, 2010

Click, click, click. Come on and pose for me, pose for me.

High-five if you know where I got those lyrics from ;)

We have completed another big ticket item, we booked our photographer! It was probably the easiest choice we've made so far. I stumbled upon Jason Angelini's photos while perusing Weddingbee. I instantly fell head over heels for Mrs. Coconut's engagement photos. I remember spending the rest of the evening pouring over all the pictures in his portfolio. I pulled myself away from Jason's site telling myself that it would be waaaaaaaay too expensive to even consider him (Jason is based in Florida). 

This is totally a candid shot. Jason caught the groom to be checking out the other chick, while the bride to be was cracking up about it.

How awesome are these shots? To see more, click on Mrs. Coconut's name above. All photos by Jason Angelini

I spent the a couple of weeks searching high and low for photographers with a similar style. It seems that the photography style I loved is hard to find and is scattered across the country from Florida to California. I kept telling myself that I should find a photographer closer to home, as in find one from Boston. Something about Jason kept pulling me back. I would literally sit there and drool over his photos. I swear that I've looked at almost every single blog entry posted. I would check daily to see the most recent post (this was before I figured out what Google Reader was about). Jake would get an ear full about how smitten I was and how  much I wanted him to be our photographer. One day I clicked on the information link and learned that he was in our budget! I have no idea why I didn't click on it sooner. And after all my research, it turns out that a local photographer would actually cost more, even after travel fees! With this new found knowledge, I jumped for joy. Why not go for what I love? 

Back in late November, I emailed Jason and waited patiently for a response. Lucia, his wife, responded back within no time. I can't even begin to tell you how much of a sweetheart she is! Their whole family is just absolutely adorable, they have 3 kids: 2 boys and their youngest, a girl. Lucia and I emailed back and forth for awhile. She answered every question that I had. We've swapped ideas for our engagement session (can you say mini-golf and beach!?!) and most recently she gave me suggestions on how get a handle on the one million and ten ideas that I have floating in my mind. 

5 months later, this stalker has her dream photographer. Oh yes, I not only blog stalk, I also follow them on facebook.

Love!


I loved their engagement shoot. It looked like a ton of fun!

Gorgeous!


That's our photographer in the middle. How can you not love him?

All photos by Jason Angelini

No comments:

Post a Comment