Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blog --> Wedding Central

Our blog is now our wedding website. I've been struggling for months (yes, months) about how to do our wedding website. While Jake is the software guru of the household, he will not touch websites with 10 foot pole or a 100 foot pole for that matter. It's been a good 10 years since I coded a website from HTML.

After much thought, research, and a bit of learning, I gave up and decided to turn our blog into wedding central. The number one reason is for my own piece of mind. It's one less webpage that I have to think about updating and it's a lot of time and money saved. We won't be shelling out money for web hosting and I won't be sitting in front of the computer for hours trying to figure out the aesthetics of it all. The second reason is usability for our family and friends. They can continue to follow our blog after the wedding without having to switch to a new URL. 

Now I can check off this line item from my DIY project list. Two down, a bazillion minus two to go. 

What do you think of the new layout and colors? Any feedback would be fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Okaaayy, this is beginning to scare me. Guess what I did today as well... Of course mine is WAY less sophisticated :) But I had envisioned drawing it into more pages as I get more motivation. LOL. Love the wedding colors and the countdown!

    ReplyDelete