Friday, April 9, 2010

Bummed Out


Yeup, the's exactly how I feel today. A couple of weeks ago, I was listening to my friend N share her frustrations about wedding planning. N's wedding is in September. After sending out STDs, she recieved a couple of "sorry, but we can't make it" responses. This bummed her out pretty hard. At the time I could only sympathize with her. And to be honest, I didn't fully undertand just how much it saddened her.

Today, I finally understand. We haven't even notified our guests of our date, but already I've gotten a couple of "maybe, but probably not's." Earlier in the week, I was emailing a good friend of mine, talking about random stuff. I mentioned our date to her, but as it turns out, her family is planning a family reunion for Ramadan (which spans over the entire month of August in 2011) in Indonesia. So it's not like she can go to both. Nothing is set in stone, but family is important and comes first.

This morning, I found out that my really good friends are expecting twins! First of all, I'm ESTATIC for them; couldn't be happier. Their twin girls will be a great additions to their family. They already have one little girl (3 years old) so it will be a very busy household. My poor friend, being the only male will have to fend for himself. Anyways, they're due in September. I don't think traveling for a family of 5 with 3 little ones is in the cards for them. Of course, I'm making an assumption since I haven't talked to them, but I'm pretty sure that even travel for just the two of them would be a financial burden to their family.

I'm completely understanding of these situations; there's nothing I can do. It just sucks that friend that I've known for over 10 years, can't be there. On the flip side, it's less people to feed which means we spend less money right?

No comments:

Post a Comment