Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Bridal Party Proposal

After we got engaged, I trolled around Weddingbee like a mad woman. Once I spotted Mrs. Mascara's and Mrs. Duckling's wedding party proposals, I knew I wanted to do something similar. So what did I do? I merged the two ideas together and added my own spin on things! I have to admit, I was a paper crafting virgin prior to this project. Honest to god, I've never scrapbooked in my life, but I was determined. Now on with the program...the first of many wedding related projects.

First up, the bridal party: maid of honor, bridesmaids, and a bridesman. I personalized the front of each card with a collage of pictures of us throughout the years. All (black) text and photos were printed on my Epson R1900. The colored letters were outlined letters printed on scrapbook paper and then painstakingly cut out with a craft knife.


The inside of the bridal party cards read:
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Will you be my Maid of Honor/Bridesmaid/Bridal Attendant? Please, Say 'I do!'
I added just a touch of embellishments using real miniature pressed roses that I'd found at Paper-Source (I later spotted them at Michael's and A.C. Moore) and Martha Stewart jeweled stickers.



Because all members of my bridal party live in another part of the country and lead busy lives, (who doesn't?) I wanted to make it clear to my bridal party what they were getting themselves into. I came up with a description of duties, attire, and my promise to them, which reads:
I promise not to make you wear an ugly dress. I promise to not become Bridezilla. I promise not to make you fold a bazillion bows for wedding favors. I promise not to give you paper cuts from putting together ceremony programs.


Next, we have the flower girls and ring bearers. I didn't have pictures of me with all the kids, so I had to improvise. The inside of the card reads:
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Will you be our Flower Girl/Ring Bearers? Please, Say 'I do!'
Our ring bearers are brothers, currently the age of 3 and 1. I figured they wouldn't mind sharing a card.


Since I post alot of the pictures that I take (mostly for my cupcake blog), I wanted to copywrite my work. I created the logo below and have since put it on everything I create. I figured if Wedding Paper Divas does it, why shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment