Thursday, July 7, 2011

We have a package?

Items that come in either a box or an envelope that are larger than our 4"x4" mailbox are delivered to the main office of our complex. The concierge (whom tends to be quite flaky) will then place a post-it note on our mailbox to let us know we have something to pick up.

Me: Hey, we have a package. What'd you order? I didn't order anything.
Jake: I don't know. I don't remember ordering something.
Me: Go get it.
*Jake returns with GIANT box*
Me: I seriously don't remember ordering anything. What did you order?
Jake: I don't know.
Me: Oh maybe it's something off of our registery from one of your aunts. I don't know anyone else that would just send us stuff.
Jake: Maybe.
Me: I bet it is. Hand me my knife.
*I carefully slices through the tape to open the box*
Me: Oooh, it's from Crate & Barrel. Definitely, didn't order anything.
Jake: Oh boy!
*I open the note attached (a super, cute, and sweet note)*
Me: IT'S FROM VAL AND MATT!!!! We got a present from Val and Matt!!

"Quick, snap a picture for the blog. Do you know what you are doing?"
Viv Martini Glass via Crate & Barrel
They match the existing set of wine and champagne glasses that Jake purchased awhile back.
Classic Margarita Glass via Crate & Barrel
Jake's Our margarita collection just doubled! We won't have
to use my our martini glasses at our next margarita party.

Thank you for the wonderful surprise Val and Matt! It was a sweet ending to a long day. We will put these to good use for sure.

43 days. The counter on our registery says 44 days. I'm going to go with the previous just to apply more pressure on myself.

1 comment:

  1. yay yay yay! Glad you liked them, they were well deserved, I wanted to make sure you knew your efforts for our own big day were much appreciated :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete