Monday, July 18, 2011

Two year itch

Time and time again, I catch myself falling into the same cycle over the years. This cycle repeats itself every 2-3 years without fail. I chop my hair off after growing it out. We aren't talking about a small trim, we are talking about going from long (past shoulder blades) to short (between ear and top of shoulders).

I just get tired of all that hair and yearn for something new. Yes, I know it's beautiful. But do you know how much it actually weighs? Let me tell you, it's even worse after washing your hair. Whether it is good for my hair or not, I have to wring it out like a towel afer each shower.  

I remember doing it twice in college. Once in in 2001 or 2002 and again in 2004. I remember the exact date in 2004 because I had grown out my hair for my bestfriend's wedding. The day after the wedding, I had it all cut off. Just FYI, so you don't think I completely neglect my hair, I do go in for periodic trims or cuts in between chops.

It always takes me about a week or two after chopping off my long locks to get used to it. I will also try my damndest to style it during those two weeks. After that, I get lazy and let it just do it's own thing. Sometimes it looks good, usually not.

Anyways, it's time for a chop. I have been fighting the urge for a long while now. I specifically grew my hair out for the wedding this time around. But a few months ago when I saw the season finale of Glee, it took a lot of effort to combat the urge.

Gorgeous Dianna Argon and her new do. Image captured from last episode.

I think I said to the TV, "Hey, that's what I want my hair to look like!" Yes, I talk to the TV. My hair will only look like that when I step foot out of my salon. Just gotta suck it up for another 5.5 weeks.

32 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment