Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to School

I'm going back to school y'all. OK, not really, just only kind of. You've seen all the pictures I've been taking with my new toy since Thanksgiving (I'd attach links, but it is basically every post with photos published since December).

My photos are just OK, but I did buy a pretty high end camera with lots of bells and whistles that I should learn how to use and not just use the thing as a stupid expensive point-and-shoot (as I currently do now when I feel like I'm under pressure to just capture moments). Who buys an advanced dSLR when upgrading from a point-and-shoot? Oh wait, that would be me.

(via Mansurovs)

Anyways, I do not want to just take mediocre photos or use it only in auto mode. My friend C, (Hi C!) has been taking workshops through the New England School of Photography for awhile now and loves it. So far her focus has been on film photography and film development. Following in her footsteps, I signed up for a 8 week workshop on digital photography. Class starts tonight, I cannot wait! Wish me luck.

(screen capture of the NESOP Spring newsletter)

No comments:

Post a Comment