Monday, March 21, 2011

Ikea + paint = new hobby

I have watched a lot of HGTV in the past year. I have a learned a lot of tricks to decorate or redecorate on the cheap. I have learned that one can upcycle a cheap furniture find.

I love Ikea stuff because it's CHEAP, but sometimes, I just do not love the colors or the hardware they provide. Granted, you can always buy it, sand it, paint it, and change out the hardware. But we do not have a garage or a shed or even a backyard for me to properly set up for sanding and painting. Not to mention, I would have to get a bunch of stuff (like sandpaper and a mask) and be OK with being covered in wood particles.

So bottom line, the idea of sanding has stopped me dead in my tracks. Then I found this article last week by Caroline at Armelle Jewelry. Caroline painted the dresser WITHOUT sanding it down!

Ikea

Source

How awesome looking is that dresser after a coat (or two) or paint!?!? I might just have to try this sometime soon. Oh wait, maybe I should wait until this whole wedding business is over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment