Thursday, August 26, 2010

Home Improvement

Source
What girl didn't have a crush on JTT back in the day? And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Last weekend, Jake and I helped our friend M fix up his newly acquired home. It's not a brand new home or an old fixer upper. The house just needed a bit of TLC before he moved in. Along with his parents and other friends, we spackled, sanded, painted, and assembled an entire dining set (8 chairs!). M's dad refused to paint, so he was off working on electricals and plumbing.

All this work inspired me to spruce up our place. Not long after we moved into our current place, we hit up Ikea. In addition to all the bookshelves, we also purchased some diode lights. I had intentions to install them under the cabinets in the kitchen for two reasons: 1) more lighting over the counters and 2) a light source at night time. I HATE the overhead kitchen lights because I can see them from the bedroom. Ever since we started living together, I've become a light sleeper. I used to sleep like a rock too!

It's been almost 6 months, but the lights are finally up.

Not too shabbyand I didn't even drill any holes. I hid all the ugly wiring behind my mixer :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment