Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Feet

Previously, I shared a video from an epic first dance. Remember how I mentioned that I'm a seasoned dancer? Because of this, Jake and I do not dance together much. We'll do the obligatory hug-and-waddle once in awhile, but it's not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with others doing it, I just have a problem with doing it myself.

Anyways, enough about me. Jake wants to dance at our wedding. After some research, we found a private instructor that specializes in teaching beginners AND teaches one of my favorite dances. It's not the waltz, foxtrot, or evolution of dance. But it's awesome. We're not going to reveal anything more. You will just have to wait till the day of to be surprised.

We've had two lessons with Karen to date. Jake is picking the stuff up like a sponge! I love watching him break down the movements, both footwork and arm/hand positioning, until he understands. It's fun to watch him "debug" dancing like he would software.

I love how much Jake is getting into swing of things (sorry couldn't resist the pun). He is considering learning a few other dances!!!!

Karen, our instructor, working with Jake during our first lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment