Monday, February 25, 2013

My Closet: Something Bleu Bow-Topped Slingbacks

The latest addition to my collection are a pair of jaw dropping-gorgeous heels that I first laid eyes on way back when Anthropologie launched it's sister store, BHLDN. I would have bought them in an instant for the wedding had them come in either black or red. Probably a good thing they didn't since they were quite spendy and I probably would have ruined them with all the tromping around outdoors like we did for photos.

I count my lucky stars, for once, holding out on this purchase meant being able to pick them up at a fraction of the price; 73% off!!

Something Bleu Bow-Topped Slingbacks


(BHLDN)

Details:
  • Silk satin upper
  • Leather sole
  • 4" silk wrapped heel
  • 0.5" covered platform
  • Adjustable buckle
  • Handmade in Italy

My notes:
  • Purchased in a size 7. I was in between sizes. The 7 is a touch too long, but the toe box is comfy. The 6.5 was too short and too tight.
  • My left shoe pinches in one section. I notice that it has just a smidge more material in the area than on the right shoe. But I expect subtle differences in handmade shoes.
  • The color is called fuchsia, but is more of a plum.
  • The bow is a little flatter on the left shoe. I sent my first pair back because I thought the bow was defective. The second pair arrived the same, I think it's an artifact of how the shoe is stored in the box.
  • Embedded blue jewel on the bottom of the arch.

Other:
  • Purchased from: BHLDN
  • Year: 2013
  • Number of times worn: Brand new

No comments:

Post a Comment