Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Life sends reminders

Last week was pretty rough at work. At one point I escaped to the mall down the street to cool off. Well, let's be real, I was planning on taking my frustrations out on my wallet. Somehow, I kept it together and spared my bank account. I did come across a book that caught my eye. Be happy. Remember to live, love, laugh, and learn. It's a simple coffee table book filled with random quotes. It was a nice reminder that there's more to life than my job.

My apologies for the crappy phone pic.

Today, a friend pinned this image on Pinterest:
via Bee of Design

It could not have come at a better time. I have always done things at my own pace. As has Jake. We are over the moon excited for all our friends (practically every soul we know) who are either buying or just purchsed a house, pregnant, or just had a kid. Truth be told, the child in me was beginning to feel left out. But we are not ready to join any of those wagons anytime soon. We are content doing our own thing. 

Jake may not believe in signs, but the girlie-human-unscientific side of me does. It's nice to be reminded to stay grounded and to be ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment