Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1 year: celebrating with food

Brunch: Aquitaine Chestnut Hill (not pictured)
We shared - House-made cinnamon roll with icing.
I ordered - Le Sandwiche Chicken Salade (with toasted almonds, red grapes, sweet basil on brioche with tarragon aioli).
He ordered - Vanilla French Toast (with maple bacon).
Notes - We love (LOVE) Aquitaine Boston in the South End. This experience at the Chestnut Hill location was terrible. Service was slow after lunch rush (it was 1pm!)even with a small number of guest. We tried to overlook this since the food is delicious. Well, it did not get better; they left out all the fun stuff that was supposed to be in my sandwich. I was served, chopped chicken mixed with mayo on bread. There was no almonds, no grapes, and definite no basil. It was a disappointing meal. I doubt that we will return to that location.



Dinner: B& G Oysters
We shared - 1 dozen oysters of the day (Fire Lake - Richibucto, N.B., Chef Creek - Baynes Sound, B.C., Royal Miyagai - Sunshine coast, B.C.) .
I ordered - Steamed Littleneck Clams (grilled sweet corn, chorizo, smoked clam jus).
He ordered - Maine Lobster Roll (french fries, bread and butter pickles).
Notes - If it was proper to lick my plate at the table, I would have done it. This is one of our favorite places and have always had a fantastic experience. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. If you can snag a table on the patio, do it! If not, it's also fun to watch the chef's work when dining inside.





Dessert: Max Brenner
I ordered - Chocolate Surprise Tiramisu (espresso soaked lady fingers, mascarpone cream, red berries, and a layer of chocolate truffle.
He ordered - Mexican Spicy Hot Chocolate (red chili, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper).
Notes - This was our first time at Max Brenner's. Unfortunately, Jake was stuffed from dinner. I was equally stuffed, but I was hell bent on eating some chocolaty heaven that night. I do not think that my lady fingers were soaked in espresso, but that I did not mind one bit. Oh the ambiance! The presentation! And the dessert! Just go there!! 

Yes, that is a grid paper printed plate. Tiramisu served in a jam jar, yes please.
And oh yes, that is a mini beaker of chocolate sauce.
(Please excuse the cell phone pics. I really wished I would have taken my camera with me to dinner.)


Instagram @hungc
(I'm still working on the art form of self portraits.)

 - What I Wore - 
Dress - Pippa Dress, Tart via Ideeli (no longer available, similar here).
Belt - JCrew Factory (no longer available)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and memorable way to "splurge" and commemorate the occasion! #drooling

    ReplyDelete