Saturday, August 25, 2012

1 year: anniversary shoot

Whoohoo! We made it a year without killing each other! (I'm such a romantic.) 

It's a little crazy to think that a whole year has passed since our big shindig. Makes me sad to think that it's been a year since I've seen my family and my friends from back home. 

Anyways, in case you are wondering: our first year of marriage was not any different than our engagement  or dating eras. But even after 5 years together (holy Batman, 5!), we continue to learn from one another, learn about one another, grow as individuals, and grow as a family.

I have always wanted the two of us to do a photo session in Boston. Something to document that this is the city we met in, the city we fell in love in (cheesy), and the city we lived in. Well, opportunity came knock on our door. Our friends C and A hired Jason to shoot their wedding. Jason, as in our amazing wedding photographer! So while he was in the area, we snagged him for a little photo session. 

Hop on over to Jason's (and his amaze-balls wife, Lucia) blog to check out the goods:  
Boston portrait session: Celia and Jakes first anniversary

Jason Angelini Photography
We we removed all the safety cones and stood on a sinkhole to get this shot!


My outfit:
Dress - Bike Lane Dress, Anthropologie (no longer available). I thought this dress was totally discontinued. Found one in a store but it was the wrong size. I had Anthro call around to ALL their stores trying to find one in my size. It was nerve wracking to wait a week before hearing back, but they found it!
Cardigan - Crew neck cardigan, Ann Taylor (color no longer available, similar here)
Belt - Remi Belt, Club Monaco. Flash your student ID for 20% off.
Shoes - Potent, Steve Madden (no longer available - circa 2006)

1 comment: