Friday, July 20, 2012

June 2012

I probably say this every time, but seriously, how on earth is it mid July already?!?!?!?!

June was another whirlwind of a month. I kick started it with a little International travel/partying. OK, so Canada isn't the most exotic place to visit, but I had a blast during a joint bachelor/bachelorette weekend extravaganza in Montreal. It was fun hanging out and getting to know the wedding party, trying poutine, searching for the bars, and exploring the train museum. Oh yea, there's a pretty epic train museum just outside of the city.

Counter-clockwise from top left: Group deciding on what to do next, Smoked meat on a salad (I managed to stick to my dairy free and gluten free diet the entire weekend), Train ride in the train museum, 950 ml of beer.

I'm still not sure why they received straws in their beers.

September couldn't come around soon enough. I was planning to bring my mom's old sewing machine back with me, but I'm not sure if I could do it logistically. I got ansy and bought my own. Thank you Craigslist and a sweet quilter on the North Shore for fueling my need for instant gratification. Within 48 hours of obtaining Bessy (that's right, I named my machine),  I started my first quilt. I should probably finish that.

I will call her Bessy.

We hosted a joint Bday party for Jake and our good friend A. A was a few weeks out from his wedding, and I figured it would be one less thing for C, the fiance, to stress out about, I put something together quickly. It was meant to just be friends, games, and food. By the time I pulled all the random party stuff out of the closet and had collected mylar balloons from work, we had a fully decorated party.

There were two different games going.
I went home with 18 balloons! Free!

I FINALLY got my lazy ass to sit down and design post wedding thank you cards. I'll show them to you in another post, some day.

Done and ready to be mailed.

Last but not least, I rounded the month out with a jack-and-jill baby shower for our friends E and G. They are expecting a baby boy! The parents-to-be surprised everyone with gender reveal cupcakes made by me. I've said it time and time again, I am truly blessed to have such amazing people trust and share these milestones with me. I have to tell you about the onsie painting party that took place during the shower. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it was. People are crazy creative when given the opportunity. I wish I had taken pictures of the other onsies. 
Cupcake onsie designed and painted by moi!


**All photos taken by me via Instagram or dSLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment