Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What happened in Vegas, never happened

We have all heard the saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." But, a wise cabbie told me, "What happens in Vegas, never happened." So I guess I have nothing to share with you. KIDDING. In fact, there are a couple of mini adventures that I experienced during my epic bachelorette weekend last June that I want to share with you.



My friend C and I went out a day early. Being that we are a) on East coast time and b) early risers, we though thtat an extra day would help get us acclimated before the rest of the girls (mostly West coasters) joined us. [Random side story - the b-party was originally planned for early May to coincide with celebrating not only my 30th, but my maid of honors 30th as well.] Jake made good use of the timing and schemed to arrange my surprise birthday present.

Jake mentioned that he had gotten me a birthday present, but that I could not have it until I was in Vegas. I had no idea what it was. In fact, so much time had passed that I had completely forgotten about it. I had more exciting things in the forefront of my brain, like my first trip to Las Vegas!

Working in cahoots with C and our hotel (Aria), they schemed and kept it all under wraps. C even tried to keep it completely secret until we arrived at our destination.

We were picked up in a limo. Both of us were oddly confused and caught off guard by it. So much so that I did not even notice the sign on the front windshield. The driver mentioned that we had 2 stops to make first. I still had no idea what we were doing...until a few minutes later. We pulled up to another hotel and scooched over to another part of the limo. That's when I caught the sign in the window, "Sundance Helicopters."

WHOOOHOOO we are getting a helicopter ride! Not just any helicopter ride, a ride at sunset over the strip.


You haven't seen Vegas until......you have seen it from a helicopter!

A second adventure I want to share with you is of when I decided to take a photo walk of the strip...at 5 or 6AM! I was amped up after dancing all night and into the early morning. After getting back to the hotel, I decided it would be more fun to take pictures than to sleep. This is probably not one of my brightest moments (especially since I was sick the entire week after), but I have great pictures to show for it.

Sunrise over the strip...look how quiet it is.
Random dude that jumped into my shot. His name was David Nakamura.
Drunk guys who wanted me to chest bump one of them.
I declined, but offered to take pictures of them doing it.
I never did send them the stop motion video of the drunken chest bump.
My try at street photography. I later ran into this guy on the other side
of the strip and we proceeded to talk cameras for a good 15-20 minutes.

Deserted...everyone must be sleeping.

This was my first trip to Vegas. I had a fantastic time and will always treasure the memories and antics we had.


We stayed at:
Bubbles wall display - Aria
We ate at:
 • Social House - CityCenter (O.M.G. incredible sushi)

Opera Cake - Jean Philippe Patisserie
Red Champagne (hibiscus flower) - Social House
Blueberry French Toast - Mon Ami Gabi
We partied at:
 • Haze Nighclub (eh, not so great, but the girls saw one of the Celtics players while we were there)
 • XS Nighclub (AWESOME, go there. You can dance while standing ankle deep in the pool.)
 • Unmentioned - ask privately and I will tell you ☺

We saw:
 • Sundance Helicopter Tours
 • Hoover Dam


*All photos are personal photos*
**Note to self, post pictures to FB with captions and blog about those photos later**

No comments:

Post a Comment