Wednesday, April 18, 2012

March 2012

It's funny. Looking back, we didn't do much in March, but yet it completely flew by. Advanced apologies for the photos, they're mostly crappy phone pictures.

We got our TV's fixed for FREE. Thank you class action settlement. Turns out our TVs had faulty capacitors. Yes, TV(S). Both of them. Guess that's what you get when you purchase your TVs at the same time. 
First went the 40" (October 2011).

Then the 46" started to go (January 2012).

My friends from back home came to visit. They were actually the first friends to visit and stay in our guest room. (My family doesn't count.) K and I met in college and have been close friends since. K wasn't able to make it to Vegas, and neither her or her husband were able to make it out for the wedding. That and they knew that we'd be super busy and wouldn't be able to spend quality time with them. 
K and D exploring our wedding venue.

The visit was a great way to celebrate K's birthday and give a nod to their 8th wedding anniversary (holy 8 years!). I was able to give them a pretty good New England experience between the Summer Shack and candlepin bowling.

Jake hosted game day for his friends. They busted out a new board game, Twilight Imperium. They lovingly call it "space lions" because there is a lion on the cover. In reality, lions have nothing to do with the game.
Space Lions took up our entire dinner table, with the leaf in place.
Photo shamelessly ripped from our friend A's FB page.

I opted not to participate in "space lions", but decided that I should start on our thnk you cards. I've been procrastinating on them. But I realize the longer I wait, the harder it will be to make myself sit down and work on them. I think my creative juices have moved on from paper products. 
This is how I should enjoyed all that wedding crafting.

Lastly, our honeymoon was in reach! Like, really within reach. Almost exactly a month before we were to board the plane for isolated awesomeness, the travel agency we booked with sent us a package with our itenerary, identification card, and luggage tags.

Yes, I know it's sideways. Yes, I'm too lazy to fix it.

*All photos personal unless noted*

No comments:

Post a Comment