Tuesday, April 3, 2012

7 month Anniversary

We've never been anniversary people. What I mean is that we don't celebrate with gifts or even big dinners. It's simply just another day. At least this was true for our dating anniversaries. But I doubt that we will stray far from the past.

Last month was a bit special. David Choi made a stop in Boston on on his 2012 Forever and Ever US/Canada tour. Who's David Choi? He's the genius behind our first dance song. (Sorry, I haven't done our wedding recaps so I haven't talked about it yet.) Here, take a listen:



Our first dance song By My Side; we had our dj slow the tempo down a tad for us.


When I found out that David was coming to Boston, I almost pee'd my pants. No, seriously. I told Jake that he was coming and Jake's response was, "Do I need to buy us tickets?" To which I violently shook my head up and down. I also told Jake that we would be staying late to grab his autograph and maybe a photo. How freaken cool would it be to meet the artist behind your first dance?!?!

March 28th, 2012 was here before we knew it. The concert was at Cafe 939 in Boston. The venue is small, I think they sold out at 200 tickets. Standing room mostly. There are a few couches pushed up against the walls.

Jeff LeBlanc opened for David. Jeff closed his act with Augustana's Boston. Fitting since he was playing in Boston. Random fact: This song was my theme song from 2006-2007.

Headliner Jeff LeBlanc checking the photo he took of the crowd.
(He might have actually been tweeting the photo)

It sucks being short and not being able to see over tall people or people with big hair. Yes, a person with big hair stood in front of me and moved to block my vision each time I moved. Luckily we were standing next to one of the couches and when David came up on stage, I was able to stand on the back of it and lean against the wall for support. Poor Jake didn't have much of a view, but he was content. As he put it, "I'm not a groupie like you."

David Choi playing This and That is Life for his opening song.

I not so secretly hoped that David would play our song. (Ha, I can finally say that we have a song!) I thought it might be a long shot since he was promoting his most recent album, but you never know right? I even posted this on my Facebook wall:


He didn't disappoint. I'm pretty sure that he just closed all his concerts on this tour with By My Side. Either way I'll take it!

David and us!

We stood in line after the concert to meet David along with everyone else. As Jake put it, I was starstruck. I had no idea what to say to David. I swear I threw my CD at him and had him sign it, asked for a photo and then practically ran for the hills. It probably didn't help that I had no idea how to use the camera app on the iPhone. The people in front of us had me take a picture and it took me 3 tries to take a single picture! How freaken embarrassing!! Luckily, Jake was quick on his feet and told David about our first dance so it wasn't too awkward. Just awkward enough.

How's that for excitement?


*All photos taken with point-and-shoot*

No comments:

Post a Comment