Friday, March 2, 2012

January 2012

I'm going to try something different this year. Instead of blogging in nauseating detail everything we do, I'm going to try and capture the memorable highlights for each month. I got the idea after seeing Liz over at Paisley Press share her Project Life albums. As stated on the website, "project life is a back to basics approach to memory-keeping." Basically, it is scrapbooking without all the frills and embellishments. It's getting back to the photo albums I remember from my childhood, but with more verbiage or journaling as they call it. Anyways, we will give it a try and see how things go. Hopefully, this will train me to build albums quickly in the future.

Clockwise from top left: 1, 3, 4, 5.

1. I took Jake to Vicky Lee's for brunch. If you are in the Belmont, MA area, I highly recommend this cafe. They have an extensive coffee and tea list

2. Our friends C and A surprised me by asking me to be a member of their wedding party (not pictured). We can't wait until July for their nuptials. The festivities will take place in a restored barn near their home town in Vermont. Rustic vintage, sounds gorgeous!

3. Jake jetted off to Florida for his annual golf trip with the guys while I nested by making no sew placemats.

4. We celebrated our cousin's second birthday at a petting zoo.

5. Chinese New Year celebration in Boston's Chinatown. Our friend Natalie, gets all her friends together for dim sum every year. After lunch, we walk around Chinatown following the lions as they bless each of the store fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment