Saturday, March 3, 2012

February 2012

Top row: 1, 2a, 2b. Middle: 3, 4a, 4b. Bottom: 5a, 5b, 5c.

1. Potluck dinner party. I needed a) an excuse to see our friend D and M so that I could deliver a secret Valentine's Day cupcake order from D's mom, and b) guinea pigs to taste test my latest cupcake recipes. So I had our group of friends over for a last minute potluck dinner. The potluck idea was well received. Think I might try doing ressurecting a dinner club. I tried a once monthly dinner club with Jake's college friends a couple of years, but that fell apart quickly. Pictured: twinkie cupcakes with candy heart.

2. Pompeii exhibit at the Museum of Science. I became obsessed with Pompeii when I was in the second grade. While going through the exhibit, I was in awe at how well preserved some of the artifacts were. My yearning to go to Pompeii and now Herculaneum has only been strengthened. Also, I had forgotten how awesome my point-and-shoot camera does in low light! (flash photography was not allowed). Pictured: preserved fresco and resin cast skeletons.

3. Date night: sushi dinner at Oga's. Pictured: pork belly bun.

4. Pig party! Our friend P threw a pig themed party. He smoked a pork shoulder and 3 types of ribs. Guests were asked to bring sides with extra points for dishes containing some form of pig. I had left my lactaid at home and decided to throw caution to the wind. How much dairy could there be at a pig party? Well, our friend D brought bacon mac n' cheese! I couldn't help myself and just had to eat some. It was amazing; possibly the best mac n' cheese from scratch I've had. But I felt like I had been punch in the stomach over and over the days following. Remind me to NEVER do that to myself again. Pictured: piggy cake (made by another guest) and bacon mac n' cheese.
5. After handing off a very special cupcake order, we explored the main drag in Concord, MA. We had lunch at Main Streets Market and Cafe and then checked out the shops nearby. Pictured: gender reveal cupcakes, chili with butternut squash, and gravestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment