Thursday, September 1, 2011

Go Speed Racer, Go!

Let's try this again. I had this post written yesterday, but Blogger crapped out on me when I went to publish it.

I must be a glutton for punishment. I thought my days would be spent doing nothing but lounging on the couch with a beer in my hand after the wedding. Turns out that my hands do not know how to be idle.

Yesterday marked the first full week in which life has returned to "normal." But in that time, I haven't really stopped doing stuff. Last weekend, I crocheted almost from sun up to sun down. I have been frantically trying to finish the baby blanket that I started a month before the wedding. There's no deadline, but I think part of my brain views this as an unfinished project from the wedding and that I must finish it asap. Whatever the case, I am so close! I promise to post photos of the finished product.

Work has been hectic, I guess it's good to get thrown back into the muck of things. I must say, my boss was really supportive and tried to keep my plate empty knowing full well that I was designing things at my desk.

Most recently, I signed up for my second photography class. Session begins in two weeks and I am super excited. I decided against taking any more "basic" courses on how to use my camera. Enginerd here likes to learn things ahead of time by reading manuals, online tutorials, asking others for tips, and just tinkering on my own. I've moved on to learning about lighting. I don't think this course covers flash photography, but I will need to toy with that on my own with Old Man Winter approaching.

And as of two nights ago, I will be baking for a wedding. It's not a big gig in terms of quantity or income, but I've got to start somewhere. Plus, its for a friend.

In Jake's world, he started his new job this week! Whoohoo for new adventures.

OK, now let's talk about the wedding recaps. I can technically do them just based on the awesome photos my maid of honor took. I remember thinking, where the heck is my maid of honor? a bunch during the wedding, but now I know. And it was totally worth it. But I also want to turn the clock back and share all the projects I slaved over, and the process of arriving at big decisions like finding my wedding gown. Oh and not to mention, I also need to share all the drama that ensued the week of the wedding. I'm not sure what order I will do it all in, so just hang tight while I figure it out.

In the mean time, I'll leave you with this random photo. I'm tired of posting nothing but text. Aren't you tired of looking at nothing but text?




Me in a giant clog. Amsterdam 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment