Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh Nos!

The trouble with having a long engagement is that you start changing your mind about decisions you've already made, at least that's what all the blogs I've read say. I thought "that won't be me." I'm eating my words now.

No, I haven't changed my mind about my dress (you have no idea how much I LOVE my dress). My will power is being tested when it comes to footwear. If you remember, I've already picked out my shoes....both pairs of them. What brought this about? Well, besides from the fact that perusing through the shoe department is my norm, I was trying to figure out costume changes. If I change into my Chinese dress for dinner and choose to keep it on for dancing, then my beautiful loubies are going to kill me, literally. Them puppies are gorgeous, but not made for dancing. Sooooo, that means I would need a pair of shoes that I can dance in. Technically, I need a pair of black flats anyways (I know, it's weird that I don't own black flats or plain black pumps). I figured I'd get a pair for around $40, then I found these:


Kate Spade: Fling in black velvet.

I want these on my feet NOW. They're a touch spendy, but I did find a 10% off coupon. Who am I kidding, they're still over a hundred dollars after discount. *SIGH* I might have to get these just because I need black flats. Ramen anyone?

The other night, I just happened to look through the latest Anthropologie circular when my heart skipped a beat.
 
Ribbon Swell Pumps, Anthropologie. How awesome are the little bow details?


The red heels I already have were cheap enough that I can justify a replacement pair. But there is no way that I can even begin to justify these, especially since I own Louboutin's. How much, you ask? $400. Yea, you can pick your jaw off the keyboard now. Unless these go on MASSIVE sale and in my size, it's not happening. I keep telling myself that they're too vintage looking. We're not having a vintage wedding (or anything close to it for that matter), so I don't need them.

Maybe I'll wear my Loubs with the white dress and the flats with the red dress; the bows are similar! What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. (Yes, I realize there are more pressing things in this world, like starving children in China).

P.S. Yes, I apparently have a thing for bows this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment