Monday, September 13, 2010

Dressing the Women Folk: MOB

Oh how do I start this post? I know, let's start with a vocabulary lesson first. What is MOB? MOB stands for mother of the bride. Similarly, MOG would be mother of the groom.

While at home in Oregon, I took my mom shopping. We just looked at shops in Salem, OR. As it turns out, there aren't very many wedding shops in the state's capitol city. We found a couple of potential dresses, but my mom struggled with concept of alterations. She thought all "american" dresses were ill fitting and clusmy since the dresses she tried on were too long on her. OYE!

On to pictures. This first dress was our top contendor. I don't have a picture of her in the dress because I'm a bad blogger and totally forgot. Jasmine Bridals - J1168:


(Source)
I must admit, while my mom was trying on the Jasmine dress, I was thinking that Jake's mom, the MOG, would look fabulous in it. The two dresses below are the other one's we found, but just aren't it.

Too matronly!

It's OK, but I still like the first one better.

In the end, she decided not to go with my bridesmaids and me when we went dress shopping in Portland. She told me that she would go with my dad at a later date. You have no idea how much this stressed me out. But what can you do? As it turns out, she tried on a few Chinese cheongsam dresses and liked them a lot more. I speculate it's because the shop had them in her size and the dress lengths were shorter. I'm glad she decided to go the cheongsam route. I was already leaning towards a more traditional Chinese dress for her as to add a touch of culture to our wedding day.

Not too shabby. Or course she won't be wearing red
or black the day of. Also note the black dress looks
all lumpy, the dress wasn't zipped all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment