Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding Train: Stop #1

Come on ride the train
It's the choo choo ride it woo woo
Come on ride the train it's the choo choo wedding train

Gemma and Rusty
May 29, 2010
Monponsett Inn
Halifax, MA

Jake and I are wedding veterans (well, more so me than him). We have attended three prior weddings together. And I've been attending weddings since 2003. My memory escapes me now, but I think I went to 4 or 5 in 2004 alone. Yea, we do things differently out West.

Anyways, I digress. The take away here is that this was our first wedding as an engaged couple. You see weddings in different light when you are planning your own. You notice the personalized touches. And when you go to a slew of weddings with the same circle of friends, you make mental notes on what's been done just so that you don't copy them. Or maybe it's just me and I'm crazy.

Let's move on to some pictures, shall we? Oh before I forget, Jake was one of Rusty's groomsmen!

(All photos taken by moi)

While this wedding was in MA, it was an hour drive from where we live. Between rehearsal, wedding, and the after party, we booked a two night stay at the "hotel" that the rest of the clan was staying at. You'll notice that I wrote hotel in quotations. I'll be blunt, it was a skeevy roach motel. As it turns out, they lost our reservation. The only rooms left were smoking rooms, which were down in the section that they rent out for Section-8 housing! 

Jake armed with the yellow pages and me with my trusty Garmin GPS, we started calling up hotels in the vicinity. I honestly didn't think that we'd be able to find any vacancies since it was Friday night of Memorial day weekend, near the Cape. Jake struck out. I chose a high end hotel from the list the GPS spit out. I figure if it's expensive, maybe they'll have a room. I struck gold! The Radisson 3 exits up put us up for the night and the next. The women behind the counter must be an angel. After hearing about our story, she gave us the house rate for both nights!  

The Radisson was located in the cute town of Plymouth (yes, Plymouth rock). There were cute shops everywhere and local ice cream stands on every corner! We were able to explore the area some and enrich our minds with history before ending our adventure.

(Personal photos)

P.S. Plymouth rock is a pretty small rock.

All aboard! Next stops: Rochester, NY and Folsom, CA. 


No comments:

Post a Comment