Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Milk Bottles

I have been ENAMORED with vintage milk bottles for some time now. They would make great props for photographing cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and such.

Bake It Pretty (no longer available)

I looked high and low before finally finding 6 oz bottles sold in a set of 12 for $49.50. $49.50!!!! As badly as I have wanted these, I just could not come to terms with the price. Plus, I really don't need a dozen of them. A dozen would be great if I were throwing a kids birthday party or something, but that's not the case.

As luck would have it, while drooling over photos of a gorgeous first birthday party, I spotted similar bottles:

via HelloBee

There is something oddly familiar about those bottles...

via Costco.com

That's right...they are upcycled Starbucks Frappuccino Coffee Drink bottles. I used to love those things in college. But I can't exactly drink them nowadays. However...my family has a case of this stuff in their garage at all times. I promptly called my mom up and asked her to save me a dozen. Uh yea...I'll just carry them onto the plane next time I visit, no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment