Friday, January 20, 2012

Fab Friday Finds

With the weather having been all crazy this winter, (i.e. warm with a lack of snow) I was hoping that I might just be able to skate by with my bald not street legal, cords almost showing tires. No dice. Old Man Winter finally showed up. I ponied up and got new shoes for my car the other day. It's probably safer for me and for other drivers on the road. You are welcome.

Let's move onto this weeks random, but awesome finds shall we? Surprisingly, one of these is free!


 via Outblush
I ♥ Winnie the Pooh. It was my favorite growing up. Hell, people were giving me Pooh stuff in my teens. Of course, my baby brother developed a love for Pooh as well and took inherited them all away from me. When the new Winnie the Pooh movie came out last year, I MADE Jake go watch it with me in the theatre. I hate movie theatres. They are expensive, dirty, and the chairs are uncomfortable. Seriously, they are not made for my 5'3" frame. But I HAD to see Pooh. Funny part: we were the only couple in there that didn't have a kid with us. Here's something you didn't know (I didn't know either): Jake thinks Pooh is a dick because he puts his friends in harms way on his search for honey. Oh bother.


via Outblush
With this whole dairy free diet, I'm trying to be good about eating foods that I would otherwise avoid. Case in point, brussel spouts. There are foods out there with crazy health benefits. I just need to find them and figure out how to use them properly.


The Handmade Home
Remember the alphafantasticals I shared? Well there's a second installment of them! Ashley is calling them nonsensical numbers. I printed the alphabets on the last of our wedding cardstock for Baby M (I had 14 sheets left, and used 13 of them). Looks like it's time to order more paper and fire up the printer.

CB2
Dear CB2, when are you going to open up a brick and morter store in the Boston area? I know you have one in NYC, I've even been there. But it's much too far of a drive just to check out a couch, and probably one you don't have on your sales floor.

We I have been searching for a couch for years. In 2008, I picked a beautiful (and super expensive) cashmere/wool coat over a sofa. In my defense, I love my coat and and wear it every winter on extremely cold days. In the last couple of years, I've been pining over the Axis sectional from Crate and Barrel, but am far too cheap to pull the trigger. Recently, we went sofa shopping. We found one or two that were close (and more couch for our money), but they just weren't as comfy as the Axis. I've also been hesitant with the chaise sectional as I worry that the chaise will be on the wrong side in future dwellings. CB2 heard by concerns and created a sectional with chaise that is configurable! Someday.


HGTV Dream Home 2012
I miss backyard bbq's with my trusty Webber grill, DIY charcoal chimney, and  my friends. In grad school, my house was part of a community that had a shared pool. My house was across the street from the pool, I don't swim, but it was the best set up a socialite could ask for. Someday, I'll have an awesome deck with a kickass grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment