Sunday, February 27, 2011

6 months

EEEEGAAAADSSSS! 175 days to go...how? How did we go from 700+ days to 175?

As you know, we've been pretty busy this past month with wedding stuff:
  • We sent out our STDs, (HAHAHAHAHA that joke never gets old) no not that, save-the-dates people. It's funny to look back on them and realize that I have "save THE date" in all our pictures, but I had obsessed for weeks about how I wanted to be different and have it say "save OUR date." Whoops.
  • We were able to introduce our wedding party to one another. I probably spent 100 hours (no joke) working on the magazine, but I have ZERO regrets. I would do it again if time decided to roll itself back.
  • We picked our caterer! I'm not going to tell you which one we picked, we need to keep some level of mystique you know. Rest assured, you will not be dissappointed.
  • My Chinese dress is coming along...much slower than Barbara had originally planned, so it is a good we started months in advance. Right now the hold up is obtaining the fabric I want. I'm much too lazy to drive down to NYC to purchase it, and far too paranoid about purchasing it online. So, we have to be patient and wait until my friend has some free time to pick it up. She's an aduitor and seem to recall that it's tax season.
  • We obtained hotel blocks at the local Westin. Oh yea, we want to pamper our guests. Yes, we know that Westin's are expensive, but in our part of the woods and with my mad negotiating skills, we scored a great deal. Rooms will be $99/night (+11.7% tax), self-park (unlimited in and out privs) was reduced down to $8 from $11. We were not able to get them to throw in free Wi-Fi in the rooms, but there is complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby. They are setting up an internal website just for booking rooms. As soon as we have that info, we will link it on the Travel & Accommodations tab. Keep in mind you are not required to stay at the Westin. You are welcomed to stay at any of the handful of hotels next door to the Westin, just let us know where you are.
  • We ordered paper for our invitations. There is a giant box of paper and envelopes sitting on our bedroom floor (the floor of the guest room is full of other wedding related crap).
  • We met with our floral designer, Karla of Karla Cassidy Designs. People, Karla ROCKS! I can't even begin to tell you how awesome she is. We did not interview any other florist. She was just it. Done and done.
  • We booked hair and make-up vendor for all the ladies (mom's included). We will have a hair artist AND a make-up artist onsite the morning of to help get us all dolled up. My trial run is scheduled for May 1. I'll keep you posted with lots of pictures.
  • Oh, oh, oooohhh! We have wedding bands! Well kind of. Jake has his and mine is purchased but sitting at the jewelers in Oregon. I'll have it physically in May when I see my MOH (maid of honor). don't worry, I'll write a separate post on this and include pictures because I know ya'll are nosey and want to see.
Whew, that's a lot don't you think? Between all of the aforementioned hub-bub, we jetted to Oregon for a really quick trip and visited my family and friends. We figured that if we didn't go now, we wouldn't be back until 2012. The thought of that just brings me to tears. 


Countdown:
7 months
8 months
9 months
11 months

No comments:

Post a Comment