Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas 2010 - stop motion video

Sometime in December, I saw this awesome home video posted on Weddingbee. It's a stop motion video that a couple put together as their Christmas card. Seriously, the cutest thing ever.


I immediately thought about Jake's Mom's annual Christmas party. For the past couple of years, we've all gathered up towards the end of the night for a group photo. It's always entertaining to watch everyone figure out where to sit or stand. And of course, it's very entertaining to watch the photographers set up their cameras and run into the photo in hopes of beating the timer. It's the perfect moment to capture in my first stop motion video.

First, I had to figure out how to do it. I thought it was going to need a laptop and some fancy software, but lucky for me, my fancy camera has an "interval timer" which allows me to set the number of photos it takes and how often. Yay for spending extra for bells and whistles that I didn't even know I had.

I set the interval timer, put the tripod in the corner of the room and let it do it's thing. I didn't get the group shot sequence, but getting everyone gathered for presents was just s great.


To get string all the still images together and set it to music, I just used the movie function in Picasa. I tried the fancy-shmancy Adobe Premiere software, but it was too complicated for my feable brain to wrap around.

On a side note: it kills me how adorable the babies are!

No comments:

Post a Comment