Monday, November 22, 2010

1, 2, 3...

Spend enough time on wedding blogs and you'll start seeing trends like this (over and over):


via Ruffled
via Gator Bride

Those are cheap dual sided Tolsby photo frames from Ikea  that are the latest rage for numbering tables. Perfect, display a photo on one side and the table number on the other. Only I have beef with them. They ONLYcome in a 4x6's. They don't make them as 6x4's. You don't follow? Well, let's say that I want to display photos using those frames. All my pictures would have to be in same shape. I wouldn't be able to do this:

via Mrs. Hot Wings on Weddingbee

I could copy Mrs. Hot Wings, but I don't want to. I don't want to have my photos exposed to the elements. Who know's what will happen to them after people throw back a couple of drinks. Even then, food can accidentally get on them, you know. I would want to protect my pictures!

Luckily for me, Ikea has other options. Plastic or Wood. I could go with Nyttja frames or the tried and true Ribba frames (which I already own). The Nyttja frames are plastic with a sheet of plastic. If I go with the smaller one's, 4x6, they're only $0.50 more than the Tolsby's and I can definitely reuse them in our home. But my idea was to have a little bit of matting around the picture so that I had room to place the table number. Definitely doable, but I would need to go up a size and buy/make the matting. Ribba frames are wood with sheet of glass and come pre-matted. The down side is that they're a bit more spendy, 3x the Tolsby for the 5x7's. I also can't seem to find the 4x6 frames online, but I swear that I have one at home. Guess I need to make a trip down to Ikea.

Yay for another project designed and logistics [almost] figured out. And now you know how I overthink the littlest details.

Nyttja

Ribba


No comments:

Post a Comment