Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's a Penguin Life

I've been working on a new blog URL and potentially a new name for quite awhile now. I know, I haven't even started the wedding recaps and I'm already onto another blog (#6, holy what?!?!?). When I started this one, I had hoped to keep it for the rest of eternity, documenting our lives and such. The current name and URL makes total sense. But, I didn't thinking that people outside our friends and family circles would be drawn to it for various things. Hi, blog friends. Please stay!

Anyways, I have become increasing uncomfortable with our last name being in the URL of the blog. It's one thing to sprinkle our first names about, but to include full names just doesn't sit well with me. That's my paranoia shining through. I would link up some examples of other bloggers who have come to the same realization, but I'll refrain for privacy reasons =)

Without further ado, I give you our future blog name...drum roll...It's a Penguin Life. Why? Well, Jake LOVES penguins. And I am an enabler. We Jake has a growing collection of stuffed penguins and they have a tendency to find their way into trouble around the apartment. I have come home to things like this:

please excuse the crappy phone picture.

Yes, that is a penguin holding 17 mylar balloons with a shell lei on it's head. This is only the beginning of how crazy we actually are. So in addition to the regular blog posts, I'll also include some penguin escapades. The new site isn't up yet. I'll keep you posted on when the switch over will happen.  

What do you think of the new name?

1 comment: