Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hello Kitty Quilt


Hello Kitty Baby Quilt
approximately 35"x44"
Top - wall hanging panel purchased from Fat Quarter Shop (no longer available).
Binding - unknown cotton from my own collection.
Filled with 100% cotton batting.
Machine sewn with 100% cotton thread.
Machine washable (cool wash, tumble dry low).

This was my first try at whole cloth quilting. I'm not going to lie, I'm a big fan. Not having to piece the top together made the job go a whole lot faster. Although, really, I just ended up using the time to draw in the diagonal quilt lines. And even then I screwed it up. Luckily, I caught it before I started quilting. 

Technically, the quilt top is not considered quilt shop quality material (read: not soft). To balance it, I chose a voile which is  silky and soft. I love this stuff. Hey Free Spirit, please re-release the voile in Sky. Thank you! For the binding, I was able to pull a print directly from my stash (woohoo for making more room). I think it was a Riley Blake print I purchased from Pick Your Plum eyons ago. It was a subtle teal with green dots, a perfect complement to the green already in the quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment