Monday, March 10, 2014

My Closet: Sole Society Tierra

Ha, I meant to share these sooner, whoops! 

The problem with following fashion bloggers is that you see something you like and learn that it's a reasonable purchase, you buy it. Well, at least I do. 
  • I saw this trench and bought it during my lunch hour.  
  • I saw this skirt and then purchased it within a matter of days. Only, I never wore it. Thankfully, I was able to gift it to one of my fashionista friends. 
Anyways, I spotted these shoes over at Rules For The Modern Girl and tried to resist. But I was crushing on gold accents at the time and they looked like they could be the perfect holiday shoe. They did not disappoint. 

Sole Society Tierra (no longer available)
Details:
  • Round, cap toe pump
  • Genuine suede upper
  • Metallic gold toe cap
  • 4" heel height

My notes:
  • Fits true to size; purchased in a size 6.5. The 6.5 is a smidge roomy when I first tried them on, but there was no slippage when I was wearing them. 
  • The leather is very soft and conformed to my feet well.
  • There is no platform, this shoe is truly a 4" stiletto. It's definitely a shoe made for sitting and not so much for walking. With that all said, they are surprisingly comfy.
  • The gold toe cap is not metal or hard plastic, it is more along the lines of an oilcloth fabric. It could probably repel water, but I don't plan on wearing suede near water any time soon.
  • Reviewers complained that the shoe looks cheap, for someone with very high end tastes, I disagree. 

Other:
  • Purchased from: Sole Society. I was a little hesitant ordering from this retailer since they charged a restocking fee, but they fit and I didn't have to return them.
  • Year: 2013
  • Number of times worn: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment