Sunday, January 31, 2010

Babies and Weddings, Oh My!

Jake and I had quite an exciting weekend filled with visiting a new born baby girl and fighting our way through a wedding expo. 

We met Alexa, the latest edition to the Kim (Jake's cousin) and Alex household. Only a week old, but she has so much personality. While Jake was holding her, she would open just one eye to look at him, as if she was giving him the stink eye. Good girl Alexa, I give him that look most of the time too :) We learned a lot from Alex and Kim. We think they should write a book, "Questions that you'd never think to ask". It was a lot of fun, but I found it a bit nerve wracking. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. Heck, I basically raised my little brother, but it's been a long time since I got to hold a newborn or even take care of a baby, it's like I forgot how! Jake on the other and, is a natural at holding babies (and playing with kids). After visiting with Alexa, he got bit by the baby bug. We're going to figure out this wedding thing first, then work on the kid thing.  

Speaking of wedding thing, we went to our first wedding expo (and last). I wouldn't have even thought to go to one of these shindigs, but TheKnot spammed me with free tickets and promised free cake tasting. Hmmm, Free, free, and cake, DONE. We went with our newly engaged friends Natalie and Nelson. First stop was brunch at one of our favorite Boston restaurants, Aquitaine French Bistro. Their brioche french toast is hands down the best french toast on the planet. After brunch we made our way to The Great Bridal Expo at The Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers. Ok first of all, The Great Bridal Expo wasn't all that great. It was pretty darn small actually. I guess I knew it wasn't going to be that big since the list of vendors was short, but apparently I had high expectations of something grand. We followed the masses like cattle in a heard. Thank goodness for tips from a fellow bride. I had made labels with my name and contact information and was able to just stick my label on everything instead of having to write it out at each booth I stopped at. It was a mad house in there with so many people jammed packed and all stopping at the same booths. At some points, I felt like a Salmon trying to swim upstream but was caught in a really bad rapid. We didn't stay for the fashion show or the live band that was scheduled. Natalie and Nelson needed to head out for another engagement, Jake was sleepy (he hadn't fully woken up yet), and I was disgruntled with the lack of cake. They lied! There was no cake tasting. Perhaps there was after the fashion show, but whatever, I call false advertisement. The four of us called it a day and grabbed a picture just to say we were there and yes, we survived

  
We Survived! 

 
The loot

Our "VIP" stickers, or rather VIG and VIB.

No comments:

Post a Comment