Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Closet: Madden Girl Pinup Boots

I love shoes. I mean, LOVE, them. Case in point, I bought 3 pairs of shoes for my wedding (these and this). I would have worn all three pairs had it not been for my reception dress fiasco. Here's another example: I turned down yellow sapphire (precious stones) earrings set in yellow gold that I could only buy in India at a ridiculous price (I haggle very well), only to buy 2 pairs of heels as soon as I got home. Those heels cost more than the earrings and will just sit in my closet. I should have bought those earrings...stupid, stupid, stupid.

Anyways, I'm going to start a new series in which I share one pair of shoes from my collection each week. I probably have enough material for 2 years!

This is only part of my collection. (Instagram)

For this week, we will start with my current favorite pair of boots. I purchased these because I wanted a brown pair of slouchy boots. I had previously purchased a very similar pair in grey so I knew these would be  super comfy. I have worn these way more than the grey one's to date.

Madden Girl Pinup Boot (also seen here)



Details:
  • Slouchy faux leather upper
  • Strap and buckle accents
  • 12" shaft height, pull on
  • 15" calf circumference
  • 3" covered heel
  • Synthetic sole
  • Imported

My Notes:
  • Runs large - I usually wear a 6.5-7, I had to go down to a 6
  • Tall (heel height) but surprisingly comfortable
  • Keeps you warm and toasty - I'm not a stockings/tights kind of girl, these boots alone kept my legs plenty warm
  • Super cute with a dress or skinny jeans
  • Great for gals with larger calves

Other:
  • Purchased from: DSW
  • Year: 2012
  • Number of times worn: Numerous

Please excuse the lack of makeup and the tree growing out of my head.



~ Outfit ~

Coat - Corded Dobby Striped Trench, Loft (no longer available)
Jeans - Sweet'n Straight, Lucky Brand (they may have been replaced by these)
Bag - Sketchy London Print Grab Bag, Herrods (impulse buy at the airport terminal)

No comments:

Post a Comment